Voice of the Customer: Putting the Patient’s Needs First
Conference Flyer: LAHQ Oct_26_2018 Conference Flyer..pdf
Non-members: Save $75 off attendance fee. Join LAHQ for $40/year prior to registering for event to get member pricing.
Engaging customers is not just good service. In healthcare, it is essential to ensure understanding and compliance with the patient's plan of care. Without partnering with our patients and families, we risk lack of engagement, understanding and ultimately lack of compliance with the plan of care. Join us to learn how we can learn to hear the voice of the customer and put our patients' needs first.
Who should attend: RNs, LPNs, RRTs, Social Workers, Case Managers, Healthcare Leaders and anyone interested in quality healthcare.Objectives:
- Identify how practicing good customer service skills increases patient satisfaction.
- Discuss the art of having fun with clients and building a healthier, healing sense of humor.
- Describe engaging patients in their care planning and barriers.
- Describe and provide examples of healthy coaching that engages patients.
- Identify two ways to reduce the impact of implicit bias in member-provider interactions.
- Identify three Cultural and Linguistically Appropriate Standards (CLAS).
- Discuss the impact of opioid crisis in the ED setting and approaches to successfully managing patients.
- Discuss approaches to multimodal pain management in the operative and post-operative settings.
- Discuss effective communication with patient and family.
- Discuss psychological & emotional needs of the patient & family.
- Define readmission patient populations under Medicare programs.
- Discuss strategies to provide seamless continuity of care and avoid preventable readmissions.
- Discuss how to create and retain joy in the workplace, by investing in behaviors and thought processes.
- Discuss the concept of our Emotional Tank and how we must tend to it.
Nursing- 6.0 contact hours will be awarded for this offering by the Louisiana Hospital Association for complete attendance of the program. The Louisiana Hospital Association is approved by the Louisiana State Board of Nursing- CE provider #39.
CPHQ- 6.0 CPHQ credits will be awarded by the National Association of Healthcare Quality.
Thanks to our co-sponsor, Louisiana Hospital Association
Join usLocation: East Jefferson General Hospital, Metairie, LA
Click more options under address to get directions from your location & send directions to your phone.