Population Health: The Outcome Connection
Conference Flyer: 10.17.19 LAHQ Fall Conference Brochure.pdf
Non-members: Save $75 off attendance fee. Join LAHQ for $40/year prior to registering for event to get member pricing.
Population health management is a systematic approach that enables all people in a defined population to maintain and improve their health, and is a practical application of population health within the medical delivery system. We all have a stake in population health. Join LAHQ for an exciting discussion on diverse perspectives and strategies—all with a common convergence on population health.
Who should attend: RNs, LPNs, RRTs, Social Workers, Case Managers, Healthcare Leaders and anyone interested in quality healthcare.Objectives:
- Understand how access to care and engagement impacts the healthcare of individuals and communities.
- Appreciate the difference between the role of access and engagement in healthcare delivery and financing systems.
- Understand how telehealth solves access issues for some populations.
- Understand the laws, range and benefits of telehealth.
- Describe the differences between telemonitoring, telehealth and facilitated virtual care.
- Identify ways telehealth improves health outcomes and quality of care.
- Describe the window into the future of personalized nutrition in the promotion of health and wellbeing through diet.
- Understand challenges that exist with adherence to provider recommendations as it relates to nutrition for kidney stone prevention and the invaluable role that technology & personalized nutrition can play.
- Understand and appreciate the distinction between the patient experience and patient satisfaction and how this impacts quality.
- Understanding quality from the patient’s perspective.
- Describe different strategies to improve the patient experience.
- Discuss how successful professionals channel passion into their careers.
- Learn how to tap into your passion and live a life of purpose.
Nursing: 5.25 contact hours will be awarded for this offering by the Louisiana Hospital Association for complete attendance of the program. The Louisiana Hospital Association is approved by the Louisiana State Board of Nursing- CE provider #39.
CPHQ: 5.0 CPHQ credits will be awarded by the National Association of Healthcare Quality.
Thanks to our co-sponsor, Louisiana Hospital Association
Join usLocation: East Jefferson General Hospital, Metairie, LA
Click more options under address to get directions from your location & send directions to your phone.